Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unspeakably beyond...

Wow! It's been over a year since I last posted. A lot has happened. A lot of things I didn't expect. Some things that happened made me question if God really had it all under control, if He really cared enough to work in my life, if the things that surprised me surprised Him too. Of course, I knew in my head that that couldn't possibly be. I've been taught since before I can remember that God is all powerful and that of course He cares about my life. But I think as I get older and experience more of life, the "rubber meets the road" and the answers that I have always known must not just be "the answers" to all of life's questions, but must become a part of my life. They must become what I live by and how I think. Knowing that the answer to the question "Is God in control and if so, does He care enough to handle my pain and fear and dreams?" is a definite "Yes!" does not mean a whole lot until you have to wake up each morning and trust that it is so. Have you ever wondered if maybe there was just one thing that slipped His divine attention? As I look over the last year, the thread I see throughout all the happenings and mishappenings, all the long nights and painful days, is not the hurried actions of a God losing control, it is a loving God calling me to a greater trust - a greater trust in Who He is; a greater trust that He is working in a thousand ways I do not yet see; a greater trust that He is holding me. A greater trust that the story He is writing with my life is "exceedingly abundantly" above all that I could ask or think...



"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

1 comment: