Monday, April 27, 2009

Love...

So I have been thinking a lot about love lately. Not the mushy romance kind, but true love. The type of love that causes people to forgive and forget, no matter what. The type of love that causes people to open their hearts to others no matter the pain that may follow. The type of love that inspires to faithfulness and compassion, no matter what. The type of love that causes someone to give their life, no matter what.
Thinking about love really made me look around at the relationships I share with the people in my life right now. I looked at them and found something lacking. And I think it was commitment. The commitment that says "No matter what". Now, don't get me wrong, I have great relationships with my family and friends. But settling for great is no longer enough.
This world is constantly searching for something real, not just great. Something that will always be true. Someone that will say no matter what.
Are you willing to be that example of real love? Are you willing? No matter the pain, the waiting, the ridicule, the disdain, the dark nights, the horrible storms, the endless days, the stress, the sickness, the poverty or wealth...no matter what?
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

1 comment:

  1. That is sooo true, Allison! "No matter what" love is one of the most precious gifts that God has given to us and that we can give to others!! Without His love, life looses all meaning.

    Thanks for the reminder of how important it is that we give that kind of love to others!

    You are very special to me!
    Sarah
    Romans 8:35, 37-39 <3

    ReplyDelete